Latest posts by Russ Ackerman (see all)
- Are You Cutting Your Price To Close The Sale? - March 15, 2019
- What’s The Most Valuable Possession For Leaders and Sales People? - November 8, 2018
- Who Is Your Director Of First Impressions? - May 28, 2018
Why Are Some Alarm Companies Products So Cheap?
Allow me to make a bold statement here. “Some sales people and companies must reduce their price to close the sale because they do not know how to sell.”
Thinking that you must be the cheapest to win the sale is usually a “rookie” mistake made by inexperienced sales people and companies. They have failed to build value in their product and their company so they must lower their price or no one would ever buy from them. They just do not understand sales.
Here are a few tips on how to win the sale without lowering your price.
- Have a pre-planned presentation and stick to it.
- Ask lots of questions to determine what your prospect is looking for and why they are looking for it.
- Build so much value in your company and product that your prospect can’t wait to get it.
- Never quote price until you are pretty sure your prospect is going to say “yes”.
- Know your competition and what their weaknesses are.
- Never mention the name of your competition.
- Very passively remind your prospect that you are better than the competition, then prove it.
- Just before asking for the order pull out your “big guns” and explain to the prospect what separates you from the competition.
For more tips on building your security business, check out my book, “Security Systems Sales Leadership: Practical & Proven Techniques That Will Unlock Your Teams Potential”. It’s available in paperback on Amazon. Click here to check it out.
About Ignite Security Marketing
Ignite Security Marketing is an inbound marketing agency that specializes in lead generation, content design, marketing automation and sales empowerment for the security industry. Since 2008, we have been the marketing agency of choice for SDM 100 corporations, security dealers, systems integrators, central stations and guard companies around the nation. Contact us today to discover new marketing opportunities to generate business and grow customer relationships.