Latest posts by Russ Ackerman (see all)
- Are You Cutting Your Price To Close The Sale? - August 15, 2019
- What’s The Most Valuable Possession For Leaders and Sales People? - November 8, 2018
- Who Is Your Director Of First Impressions? - May 28, 2018
Time is your most valuable possession. Let’s invest it wisely. For you sales champions and leaders here are seven tips that will make help keep you organized and make you money.
All sales people seem to understand how important time management is but many can’t find the disciplines to practice it regularly. Some people will never understand the value of getting organized and managing their time.
For you sales champions and leaders here are seven tips that will make help keep you organized and make you money.
- Every morning write down your goals . “You can’t begin your day until you start it in writing.” Do not rely your memory to remember what you want to get done. Write it down. Include those personal as well as business activities that must be done.
- Plan time every day for proactive activity. You must block off time ever day for activity that is going to bring in more business. Do not get caught up in the whirlwind of just being reactive and fixing stuff. Create something every day.
- Set a target. If you are prospecting for new business make sure you have a goal. Before you begin the activity determine what the result will be. Here are a few examples of goals you should set before you ever begin: 1. How many leads will I generate? 2. How many people will I engage? 3. How much time will I put into this activity today?
- Remember there are two times of a day. Pay time and non-pay time.
- Stay away from time suckers. They will reduce your income.
- Be on time.
- Remember that motivation comes from action not the other way around.
You can always make more money but you can’t make more time.
Want more proven strategies for boosting sales?
For more tips on building your security business, check out my book, “Security Systems Sales Leadership: Practical & Proven Techniques That Will Unlock Your Teams Potential”. It’s available in paperback on Amazon. Click here to check it out.
About Ignite Security Marketing
Ignite Security Marketing is an inbound marketing agency that specializes in lead generation, content design, marketing automation and sales empowerment for the security industry. Since 2008, we have been the marketing agency of choice for SDM 100 corporations, security dealers, systems integrators, central stations and guard companies around the nation. Contact us today to discover new marketing opportunities to generate business and grow customer relationships.